SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Pamela Bell & Rice Jackson (“Homeowner”) and ____________ (“Guest”) as of the date of the Rental Invoice Deposit. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property: The property is located at: 3500B Speedway, Austin, Texas 78705.
The property is furnished and includes: linens, pillows, towels, comforter with duvet, extra blanket and pillows, all necessary kitchen utensils/pots/pans/plates/bowls/glasses, convection/microwave oven, refrigerator.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest(s) specified in the Rental Invoice. The Guest(s) confirm by payment of the booking invoice that they are at least 25 years old to enter into this agreement. The guest shall supply his or her address for the Homeowner's records and a government issued photo I.D. showing address and age.
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 adults. Any guest using the convertible sofa is an $25/night/per-person. Additional guests must be approved by the Homeowner.
4. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
5. Term of the Lease: The lease begins at 3 p.m. on the “Check-in Date” and ends at 11am on the “Checkout Date.” Please check-in before 10pm if possible.
6. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 2-night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday or special event periods. If a rental is taken for less than 2 days, the guest will be charged the 2-night rate.
7. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules (listed below) at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
8. Amenities: The Property provides many amenities including but not limited to a television, air conditioning, appliances, etc and The Owner can not control when one or more may become inoperative during or before your stay. Every effort will be made to insure all amenities are in working order but no refunds or rebates will be given if one or more amenities are inoperable. High-speed wireless Internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to Internet service.
9. Access: The Homeowner shall have the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement. The Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
10. The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired. The property, being two story, is not suitable for small children as only adult safety measures are installed. Access is up one flight of stairs, so the tenant(s) must be ambulatory enough to manage going and coming on hardwood stairs. All minors must be supervised.
11. Rental Rate and Fees:
a. Deposit: Please see the Rental Rates as to what amount is due now.
b. Guests are required to pay a $50 non-refundable Damage Waiver Fee (DWF) OR a $200 damage deposit. The latter is refundable within 10 days if the apartment is left in the same condition as when you arrived. The DWF is designed to make for a worry-free stay. For all online bookings paid in advance: a government issued photo I.D. & the credit card used for the booking, must be presented when signing the Rental Agreement (a copy provided to clients). If the charge card used for the initial booking is not available (i.e. a corporate account) then a second credit card must be presented matching the name of the Renter and will be charged the full amount as the first one, refundable within 21 days of departure date if there are no problems with the original booking.
Note: in addition to the above, during special events such as SXSW, ACL, F1 etc., the booking must be made a minimum of 14 days in advance of arrival. The $50 Damage Waiver Fee may not be used, and a $300 Refundable Damage Deposit is mandatory. This may be charged at check-in if client has not done so in advance. These added requirements to not apply to repeat guests.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
c. Rental Rate: This is specified on the Gallery House rates page:
12. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded within 14 days (60 days for special events: SXSW, ACL, F1)
of written cancellation as follows:
100% if cancelled 42 days prior to the Check-in Date
0% if cancelled 42 days prior to the Check-in Date
13. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are [personal check, PayPal or credit card]. If you wish to use a credit card you will be invoiced via SQUAREUP for payment. Checks & credit cards must clear our bank 45 days in advance of your reservation.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside or outside on the property. The Security Deposit shall be forfeited if smoking occurs by you or your guests on the property.
2. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Local noise ordinance starts at 10 PM; outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
3. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. All of the unit is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order as they were found.
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
7. Trash: The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner. The gray bin is for trash, and the blue bin is for recycling. On Friday the garbage is picked up in the morning. NOTE: the City of Austin Recycling does not accept styrofoam, this must be placed in the trash.
8. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises. The Homeowner’s two pet dogs are not allowed in the unit.
9. Parking: PARKING PASSES – A parking pass is located inside the unit. Renters must display the Residential Parking Pass on the rear view mirror at all times when parked on the street. Failure to display may result in ticketing of vehicle at renter's expense. Leave the parking pass inside the unit upon departure. A fee of $25 will be assessed for lost or stolen passes.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units EXCEPT for the provided beach towels. Towels and linens are refreshed periodically depending on the length of your stay.
11. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms.
12. HomeAway/VRBO Instant Booking requirements: In that the Tenant’s email and telephone are hidden until booking and payment is complete, the owners require a few extra steps due to past fraud problems. As soon as the Instant Booking is complete, the Tenant is obligated to send a copy of their government issued photo ID with contact information to the owners. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Secondly please include any pertinent details of the trip, arrival times, date/time, coming by taxi or rental car etc. Failure to provide this information can be cause for cancellation of the Instant Booking within 7 days of the reservation.